Training SOTIF Basic Training
For driver assistance systems and automated driving, SOTIF is a very important addition to functional safety.
A new ISO standard was declared recently called SOTIF (ISO/PAS 21448). It addresses functional safety hazards that can happen due to functional insufficiencies of the intended functionality or by reasonably foreseeable misuse of the system by persons in specific situations. In contrast, ISO 26262 covers functional safety i.e. a safe behavior in case of E/E failures.
Based on many years of practical experience in the field of functional safety, we provide you with the necessary know-how for the new ISO 21448 on the subject of „Safety of the Intended Function“ (SOTIF).
Course Outline (daily 9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- SOTIF Introduction & ISO/PAS 21448 overview
- SOTIF Interfaces with ISO 26262
- SOTIF Activities Walkthrough & Discussions
- Situation assessment considering sensors limitations and algorithms
- Needs for achieving SOTIF
- Interdependence between validation goals and overall risk goals
- Development strategies and rational for implementation based on SOTIF Standard
- Practice examples including discussions about Autonomous Driving
- Comprehensive understanding of SOTIF
- Real life practical examples that can quickly be applied to current projects
Training participants receive
- Printed training manual
- Certificate of participation
- Basic understanding of function and system development, ADAS systems development in the automotive field
Who should attend
- Safety Managers
- Quality Assurance
- Test Engineers
- Anyone involved in the development of innovative advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and highly automated driving functions (HAD) with the aim of implementing their developments based on the recognized international specification SOTIF
Training & Coaching Language
This course „SOTIF Basic Training“ is an extension to the existing ISO 26262 training courses, since the performance of the safety-relevant functions is dealt with in more detail here.
Do you need a personalized offer about this course? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com
This training is also available online.
Additionally, we can offer you further trainings that are not in the scope of this course:
- SOTIF Gap Analysis
- Training customized on special needs or technical implementation challenges
- Training courses available online for participants unable to attend in person